Posted on July 17, 2017
This New Delicious BBQ Sauce Recipe comes courtesy of our friends at Living Proof Breads [Insta: @livingproofbreads] who are experts in the many ways to cook with raw honey as a sugar substitute. This New Delicious BBQ Sauce Recipe calls for our avocado honey for more depth to the sauce, or to go with our orange blossom as an alternative for a lighter sauce..
New Delicious BBQ Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 slices of Applewood smoked bacon
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1in pieces of ginger, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of toasted Ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz Worcestershire sauce
- 4oz tamarind paste
- 4 oz chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 C Massey Avocado or Orange Blossom honey
- 1 28oz can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 pints of fresh or frozen raspberries
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom pot (dutch oven or stainless steel), render bacon strips until crispy. Once done, remove them and reserve for other use, or snack away!
- Saute onion on medium high in bacon fat until slightly caramelized, about 6 min.
- Add garlic, ginger, and jalapenos and saute until golden brown—think “California” tan.
- Sprinkle dry spices evenly in the pot and saute for 2 min more until aromatic.
- Add brown sugar and vinegar to the pot and reduce, impress your friends by calling this part a gastrique. Once reduced by half, look up how to spell Worstecher.. Worchester… Worcestershire sauce and add it along with the chipotle peppers, tamarind paste and honey. Some Massey Avocado honey will give the sauce more depth, where as the Massey Orange Blossom Honey will have a lighter, floral touch. Your choice, but make sure to use raw honey in order to achieve the right texture and flavor complexity.
- Continue adding the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer on low heat.
- Cook for about 25-30 min, until you notice a greater depth to the flavor, and transfer all contents to a blender. If you have a smaller blender do this in batches—or go buy a Vitamix already. Puree sauce until silky smooth, and finally strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and adjust the seasoning if needed*.
Sauce can be used for ALL your summer grilling.
*MASSEY PRO TIP: If sauce lightens in color when blending, return puree to a sauce pot and simmer to cook out the air for about 10min. Enjoy.
Interested In Learning More About Massey Honey Co and How We Can Upgrade ALL Of Your Recipes With Raw Honey?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!